Surgical check in

So we were up early to get over to Leeds General Infirmary for 07:30 start. Met the surgical reg and the anaesthestist who were very relaxed and pleasant chatting through what would happen today.

First I have radioactive dye injected into my leg where the cancer was then they take a picture of the groin to see which lymph nodes take up the dye. These are marked to be taken out later.

Then we go into theatre for anaesthetic and the skin excision of the leg akin in an elliptical shape across my thigh toward the knee which will eventually leave a battle scar 10 cm long.

Almost forgot not to eat this morning but remembered as I was about tuck into an apple that I couldn't!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whole Man Theory

Integrated Health Pyramid Model of Health

My Melanoma Scar Story