Future Goal Setting = Sprint Triathlon 2013

Copyright Castle Howard
I went to see my friends complete the Castle Howard Triathlon on Sunday morning.

When I got the all clear I vowed to myself to complete this challenge to give myself a goal to work towards and prove to myself that I was better.

So after 4 months of recuperation after surgery and complications of scar burst, infection and then a lumbar disc prolapse I am starting to plan my year of training to complete the Triathlon.

As a sprint distance it involves a 400m swim then a 23km cycle followed by a 5km run.  I have been able to achieve each of these individually in the past, but to achieve a reasonable time and the fitness level to do all three at full pace will require a gradual build up in endurance, a change in my usual diet, fitness activity and a focus on endurance training which may (hopefully) change my body shape and composition in the process!

After 4 months of relative inactivity my weight and fat levels are not good so this is the ideal time to make a change.

To kick off the changes I have given up alcohol and already lost 0.5kg of flab! I will post my body composition readings monthly as I take them and you can keep track of my efforts as a first time triathlete here with all the links and tips I may come across.

Watch this space over the next 12 months as I would like to think an overweight but motivated doc can transform into a veritable Olympian!


Dr Ben Sinclair Linked In Profile
Twitter: Follow @menshealthtips 
About Sinclair Health Ltd

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whole Man Theory

Integrated Health Pyramid Model of Health

My Melanoma Scar Story