Why are men notoriously difficult to engage in their health and wellbeing? | Opinion | Nursing Times

Why are men notoriously difficult to engage in their health and wellbeing? | Opinion | Nursing Times

This is an interesting article from a womans point of view, we need more from a mans point of view! Its all very well to quote the stats at us but it doesnt help us to get what we need.

So guys please comment below as to why we are not good at this... because we know we are not!  I went to my own GP last year and behaved like a typical guy not wanting to cause bother...after waiting around a year with a neck problem and a knee problem that were getting worse.. so why didnt I go?

answers below..

Dr Ben SinclairSinclair Health Limited07403110640https://www.optimiseclinic.co.ukTwitter: @menshealthtipsLinked In: http://ow.ly/5iykm

Comments

  1. Ok so I will kick off - I think men dont look after their health because our whole culture pushes us in that direction, from the lessons of the playground to the turn off of the waiting room and having to tell an unkown female receptionist your deepest problems...surely we can do better.
    I would like to see health services tailored to the needs of unreached men, not just the women who turn up.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave constructive comments/links here. I will try to respond as soon as possible.
Your comment will not be shown if deemed offensive or inappropriate.

Popular posts from this blog

Whole Man Theory

My Melanoma Scar Story

Integrated Health Pyramid Model of Health